Follow the Observer
An award-winning* magazine and online service to keep you ahead of today’s economic and social policy challenges. The OECD Observer magazine presents itative and concise analysis of crucial world economic and social issues. It helps business, NGOs, academics and journalists to stay ahead of the policy debate. Visit www.oecdobserver.org.
Keep up with events with the OECD calendar.
What's in the latest edition?
- Sustainable cities; International trade; Sense and big data; Twitterings
- Our health systems must put people at the centre, Angel Gurría, Secretary-General of the OECD
- Migration folows beaten track; R&D funding at risk; Mainstreaming biodiversity; Soundbites; Economy; Country roundup; Clara López; Other stories; Plus ça change
- March on gender
- Inequality: Can Sweden reconquer utopia, Jon Pareliussen
- Going for inclusiveness and productivity; China's economy
SPOTLIGHT ON HEALTHCARE
- Towards sustained progress in global healthcare, Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health, United Kingdom, and Chair of the 2017 OECD Health Ministerial Meeting
- The PaRIS initiative: Helping healthcare policies to do better for patients, Stefano Scarpetta
- The challenge of antimicrobial resistance: The hidden "fil rouge" for healthcare policy, Mark Pearson
- Healthcare systems: Tackling waste to boost resources, Francesca Colombo
- Governing data for better health and healthcare, Jilian Oderkirk and Elettra Ronchi
- Complex patients: How healthcare must adapt to their needs, Martin Wenzl and Elias Mossialos, London School of Economics and Political Science
- People-centred healthcare: What empowering policies are needed, Olivia Wigzell, Director General, National Board of Health and Welfare, Sweden
- Business Brief: Johnson & Johnson
- An agenda for robust healthcare, Xavier Prats Monné, Director-General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Why patient-centred approaches are important, Nicole Denjoy, Secretary General of COCIR and Chair of the BIAC Health Committee
- Patient-centred policies must be centred on healthcare workers too, Jocelyne Cabanal, Member of the Executive Committee, Confédération Française Démocratique du Travail (CFDT), France
- Casting light on dementia's shadow, Tim Muir
- The healing power of information technology, Interview with David Blumenthal, President and CEO, The Commonwealth Fund
- Managing new health technologies, Jonathan Skinner, Geisel School of Medicine and Department of Economics, Dartmouth, and Amitabh Chandra, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard
- Designing value-based health systems for patients: The example of pain control and palliative care, Felicia M Knaul, Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences at the Miller School of Medicine, and Director, Miami Institute for the Americas, and Afsan Bhadelia, Visiting Scientist, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Business Brief: Faculty of Medicine, Université Paris Descartes
- Our patients have changed, our healthcare must now follow, Dr Samir K. Sinha, Director of Geriatrics, Sinai Health System and the University Health Network Hospitals
- People-centred healthcare: Don't forget the nurses!, Judith Shamian, President, International Council of Nurses
- Healthcare: Pouring a little cold water on crowdfunding, Claire MacDonald
- Business Brief: HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland
- Can healthcare policy and technology heal rural-urban divides?, Rory Clarke and Claire MacDonald
- OECD Observer roundtable on pensions
- Halving road deaths by 2020: A global health priority, HRH Prince Michael of Kent
- Healthcare for patients; OECD wins international publishing award; Affordable housing database; Effectopedia, chemical risks and health
- Recent speeches by Angel Gurría; List of OECD Ambassadors
- Calendar; Frankie
- Can more social spending curb emigration?; The race for excellence in scientific publishing
- Main economic indicators
- Addressing high costs of specialty drugs
For more articles, visit www.oecdobserver.org
OECD Observer is also available on iLibrary.
Subscribe to the OECD Observer at www.oecdobserver.org/subscribe.html. All orders include a free copy of the agenda-setting OECD Yearbook.
*2002 Highly-Commended award from the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers, UK
For editorial queries, contact Observer@shzhuhao.com
All signed articles in the OECD Observer express the opinions of the s and do not necessarily represent the official views of OECD member countries.
©All rights reserved. OECD 2015
Requests for permission to copy or translate portions or full text of the articles in the OECD Observer shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to OECD, 2 rue Andre Pascal, 75775 Paris Cedex 16, France.
The Coffees of the Secretary-General
With Thomas Piketty, Mariana Mazzucato, Yanis Varoufakis, and more.